Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rihanna & Chris Brown

I’m not to sure what to think about the Chris Brown and Rihanna interviews, because domestic violence goes beyond the celebrities. There are millions of young ladies and women who are going through domestic violence’s daily. But they are too afraid to tell or talk about how their husbands or boyfriend is hitting and beating them.

I am happy that Rihanna has decided to leave Chris Brown; to came out to speak openly about this act of violence from her then boyfriend Chris Brown. There is a healing that each of them need. The good thing about Rihanna and Chris Brown is that they both have acknowledged that there is a problem; and that they are will to get the help they need to start a healing process, but like I said early on domestic violence goes beyond being famous. It hits home for many young ladies and women all around the world.

Today there are young ladies and women who don’t have the courage that Rihanna had to come forward to talk about their abusive husbands or boyfriends. I myself has experience it once in a relationship before, but I can say that I had sense enough to know when it was time to leave; but there are so many young ladies and women who are not strong minded as I, to say enough is enough.

Many young ladies and women are too afraid to walk away from their abuser. Most young ladies and women are afraid of what might happen to them after they have walked away or where will they go and how will the make a living without their abusing husband or boyfriend. We often look at the abused young lady or woman and say "if that was me I would have walked away along time ago” or “I wouldn’t take that off my any man” and finally “girl! Just walk away from him.” Yes, all that is easily said then done. Young ladies and women are afraid of their abuser, and think that leaving home may result in losing their life; so they stay hoping that it will get better.... But I am here to tell you ladies....Wrong!!! It gets worst.

Ladies it will NEVER get better; so put away with the love you have for your abuser and get HELP!

“Love who you are as a WOMAN”… Period

Peace & love…

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5 Favorites For The Month of May

Hello Everyone, I know, I've been MIA on the blogging scene but, ya'll know, I had to share my 5 favorites for this month. I ...